Food Empire nominated as a Green Champion for United Nations Development Programme’s Green Aral Sea Initiative in Uzbekistan

News/Events on 12 Mar , 2020

Food Empire has been nominated as a Green Champion in a very important initiative of the United Nations Development Programme on saving the Aral Sea in Uzbekistan. We are one of the first companies supporting this project through the contribution of planting 10,000 saxaul trees on Aral Sea’s seabed.

Aral Sea is the world’s 4th largest inland lake which unforunately has declined to 10% in size and the remaining 90% of lake has become a desert. This ecological tragedy does not only affect Uzbekistan but also the whole of Central Asia.

Food Empire is honoured to provide its support to this initiative that aims to mitigate the effects of environmental disasters in the region and improve the livelihoods of the local people.